To use PhotoEntry for the first time:
New members will get an email to say you have been registered in the KDCC PhotoEntry system. This email will give you a link to login for the first time with your user id (your name in lower case) and a temporary password. Follow the instructions to enter your details and create a password. You will need to know your KDCC Member Number.
To prepare your images for PhotoEntry upload:
- Size your image to either 1600px wide or 1200px high, making sure neither dimension is exceeded. Therefore, landscape oriented images should be no more than 1600px wide, portrait oriented images no more than 1200 pixels high, and square images a maximum of 1200 x 1200 pixels. Resolution doesn’t matter, but 72ppi is the best.
- In the Properties or File Information (aka metadata) enter the Title and your Author Name only
- Profile should be sRGB for best projection, but Adobe RGB will be accepted
- Save your image file with the Image Title only with no member number or other information in the title
To upload your images using PhotoEntry:
1 Login to PhotoEntry and click on the competition group in Main Menu, e.g. Open Competitions
2 Choose the competition to enter, e.g. 4th Open Colour Prints
3 Click on Add New Entry below the information about the competition
4 Type in Entry Title
5 Ignore the other options and click Add This Entry
6 Click Choose JPEG
7 Find the image file on your PC and Open
8 Click Upload Image
9 If the image is not sized correctly it will not be accepted and will ask you to Re-size and try again. Most common error is for height to be more than 1200px on a slightly landscape image.
10 After upload it may say Colour Profile incorrect. You may ignore this or delete the entry, change it to sRGB and re-enter.
11 Repeat steps 3-8 for 2nd or subsequent entries in the same competition, otherwise repeat from step 2
12 Bring prints to the meeting as usual on the deadline
Finally, to complete your Open or Wildlife entry, email firstname.lastname@example.org to identify your reserve images.
Reserve images: In order to control the number of entries per competition, members are asked to identify reserve images which may be removed by the Competition Secretary if total number of entries surpasses 75-80.
- For competitions allowing a total of more than 3 entries per member, members who enter more than 3 images are asked to identify image numbers 4, 5 and 6 to become reserves
- Members may choose reserves from several different classes, so reserves can be a mix of prints and DPIs in Opens or Flora/Fauna in Wildlife
- If no email is received identifying Reserve images, the Competition Secretary will make the decision which to withdraw, if no contact can be made with the member in time.