To use PhotoEntry for the first time:
New members will get an email to say you have been registered in the KDCC PhotoEntry system. This email will give you a link to login for the first time with your user id (your name in lower case) and a temporary password. Follow the instructions to enter your details and create a password. You will need to know your KDCC Member Number.
To prepare your images for PhotoEntry upload:
- Sizing your images
images must be sized exactly
to either 1600px wide or 1200 px high, making sure neither dimension is exceeded. Resolution doesn’t matter, but 72ppi is the best.
- In the Properties or File Information (aka metadata) enter the Title
and your Author Name
should be sRGB for best projection (including mono images), but Adobe RGB will be OK
- Save your image file with the Image Title
only with no member number or other information in the title
To upload your images using PhotoEntry:
1 Login to PhotoEntry ( Photoentry login)
)and click on the competition group in Main Menu, e.g. Open Competitions
2 Choose the competition to enter
, e.g. 4th Open Colour Prints
3 Click on Add New Entry
below the information about the competition
4 Type in Entry Title
5 Ignore the other options and click Add This Entry
6 Click Choose JPEG
7 Find the image file on your PC and Open
8 Click Upload Image
9 If the image is not sized correctly it will not be accepted and will ask you to Re-size and try again
. Most common error is for height to be more than 1200px on a slightly landscape image.
10 After upload it may say Colour Profile incorrect. You may ignore this or delete the entry, change it to sRGB and re-enter.
11 Repeat steps 3-8 for 2nd or subsequent entries in the same competition, otherwise repeat from step 2
12 Bring prints to the meeting as usual on the deadline
, to complete your Open or Wildlife entry, email email@example.com
to identify your reserve images.
In order to control the number of entries per competition, members are asked to identify reserve images which may be removed by the Competition Secretary if total number of entries surpasses 75-80.
- For competitions allowing a maximum of six entries per member, if more than three entries are submitted, reserves should be identified as below and details sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- if four images are entered, identify one - numbered '1'
- if five are entered, identify two - numbered '1' (to be removed first) and '2'
- if six are entered, identify three - numbered '1', '2' and '3' (to be removed in that order)
- Members may choose reserves from several different classes, so reserves can be a mix of prints and DPIs in Opens or Flora/Fauna in Wildlife
- If no email is received identifying reserve images, the Competition Secretary will make the decision which images to withdraw.